AMERICAN TRIATLHON CONFEDERATION
To all triathletes, coaches, B.S. in Sports Education or any similar degree interested in participating in the Level 1 “Sports Initiation” Coach Course from University of Triathlon.
Structure, dates, venue:
Objective: Guide the students developing the essential qualifications on the coaching process using current sports methodology in order to build a training session considering a technical progression in all of the triathlon disciplines: transitions, swimming, cycling and running.
It is divided in two phases; the first phase must be completed before attending the face to face second phase.
The student complies with weekly online activities from anywhere in the world.
Resources provided: text books, assignments, quizzes, forums, videos, graphics, 3D and tutoring.
It´ll be available on the University of Triathlon Online Platform. It will last 25 weeks.
Dates: From April 12 to September 27
The tasks from the first phase should be delivered on time and through the platform. Late assignments or sent by email shall not be graded or accepted.
30% face to face theory classes y 70% practical. The assistance to the face to face classes is required. A practical and theory exam is presented. The venue will be on Florida, USA and it will last 3 days.
Dates: From October 8 to October 11
In the second phase travel, food and accommodation are covered by the student.
• Minimum age 18 years old.
• Must be able to swim
• Registrate via CAMTRI following the registration process.
FEES AND SCOLARSHIPS
THE COST FOR THIS LEVEL IS $390 USD
CAMTRI COVERS THE FEE OF ONE TUITION FOR NF WHO REGISTER TWO OR MORE COACHES. This applies for each country registered by University of Triathlon.
1. The NATIONAL FEDERATION representing coaches or interested coaches should apply for registration to CAMTRI Level1, send the registration form for each coach. Registration forms and applications should be sent to: email@example.com, cc. firstname.lastname@example.org
2. In 48 hrs, CAMTRI shall respond/ confirm each application sent by the NF or individual coaches
3. University of Triathlon shall send each coach an email with confirmation, username and password.
*The Coach information should be complete and correct, the coach´s email shall be captured from the registration form. (attached).
**It is the responsibility of the coach to verify login, username and password and notify immediately if there is a problem.
• History of Triathlon.
• Ethics in Sports.
• Sports Educational Psychology.
• Biological Bases.
• Sports Nutrition.
• Prevention of Sports Injuries.
• Swimming, Cycling and Running Technique.
• Theory and Methodology of Triathlon Training.
• First Phase (University of Triathlon Online Platform): Comply with at least 90% of all assignments in order to attend the face to face classes)
• Second Phase (Face to Face): Comply with 100% of planned activities and obtain 70% passing grade for certification.
Completion of both phases is the sole responsibility of the student registered in the course. Only students who have fully complied will be certified as Level 1 Coaches by FMTRI-CAMTRI, when any of the requisites for completion are missing, University of Triathlon can withhold certification.